The Mystery of Irma Vep: A Penny Dreadful
By Charles Ludlam
Directed by Chris Rohmann
October 1-16, 2021
The Mystery of Irma Vep is the definitive spoof of Gothic melodramas and vintage horror movies. It’s a madcap quick-change marathon in which two actors play all the roles: the lord and lady of the manor, the starchy maid, the groundskeeper-cum-werewolf, plus an ancient mummy and a lingering ghost.
Tickets are available at the door and via Eventbrite.
Friday, October 1, 8, 15 at 7:30 pm
Saturday, October 2, 9, 16 at 7:30 pm
Sunday, October 3, 10 at 3:00 pm
This production contains flashing lights, gunshot and smoke effects.
Masks and Proof of Vaccination required for admittance. Click here for more details.
Effective September 20, the City of Greenfield has a mask mandate. The order states that all people must wear a face mask when indoors in public spaces and private business within the City of Greenfield.
Proof of Vaccination
Hawks & Reed Performing Arts Center, the performance venue for Silverthorne Theater Company, also has in place the following policy:
“For the safety of our artists, venue staff and our community as a whole we will be requiring proof of vaccination for admittance to all shows at Hawks & Reed Performing Arts Center until further notice. Results from a negative COVID test will NOT be accepted for entry. In addition, masks are required to be worn at all times while at the venue. You may pull your mask down when eating or drinking only.
Please bring your vaccination card, or a photo of it, along with a corresponding state or federal ID for entry.”
*Exceptions may be made for children under the age of 12, since they are currently ineligible for vaccination. For children under the age of 12, a negative COVID test will be required for admittance.
- We request that if anyone is sick or has been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 that they refrain from attending our performances.
- Silverthorne’s cast, crew, staff, and volunteers are fully vaccinated.
- A new geo-thermal ventilation system has been installed at Hawks & Reed, and services the show’s fourth floor venue, The Perch.
- While we do not have the space to allow for full social distancing between audience members, we will be reducing our seating capacity for The Mystery of Irma Vep by one-third to make room for more spacing between seats.
- There will be a distance of at least 6 feet from the audience members to the actors.
- The actors are tested weekly.
We are closely monitoring updates from our performance venue, as well as local, state, federal, and CDC policies and guidance. We will update our information as needed. Your safety is our key concern, and all steps possible will be taken to ensure your safe enjoyment of our shows.