Theater Thursdays Play Reading Series
The Language of Wild Berries
by Naghmeh Samini
translated by Torange Yeghiazarian
directed by Lucinda Kidder
May 19, 2022
Donya and Davood celebrate their wedding anniversary by traveling to the same seaside town where they spent their honeymoon. But on this trip, their 10th anniversary, a mysterious young man is following them. Who is he? What does he want? Trying to solve the mystery of the young man throws Donya and Davood into a time warp recalling their past nine anniversary trips. They remember what they have forgotten. But will that be enough to save their marriage? The past, present, and future collide in this touching play, offering a rare glimpse into the lives of contemporary Iranians.
Masking & Proof of Vaccination Required
Following the reading, audience members will have the opportunity to ask questions and give feedback to the playwright.
Theater Thursdays is supported in part by a grant from the Bernardston, Buckland, Colrain, Conway, Deerfield, Greenfield, Northfield, and Shelburne Cultural Councils, local agencies which are supported by the Mass Cultural Council, a state agency.
Seating capacity is limited, please register for this free event on Eventbrite.
- Everyone who attends a Silverthorne event at the LAVA Center must show proof of full vaccination for COVID-19.
- “Proof of vaccination” consists of a CDC vaccination card or a clear, legible copy or photo of a card.
- Results from a negative COVID test will NOT be accepted for entry.
- All attendees will be required to wear face coverings while in the building, regardless of vaccination status.
- The LAVA Center is equipped with HEPA air purifiers.