Silverthorne Theater Company presents
A Broadway Cabaret
What better way to celebrate the return of live theater than with music? In our first major post-pandemic production, Silverthorne Theater Company presents A Broadway Cabaret, onstage August 6-8 in The Perch at Hawks & Reed Performing Arts Center in downtown Greenfield. Eight singer/actors will perform tunes from Broadway’s Golden Age shows – solos and ensemble numbers presented for audiences seated at cabaret tables arranged for maximum comfort and following whatever state guidelines for indoor performance are in place at that time.
Auditions for A Broadway Cabaret are scheduled for Sunday, June 6 and Monday, June 7, from 7 pm – 9 pm each night.
- Auditioners register at [email protected] or by calling 413-768-7514.
- Auditions will be held at the LAVA Center, 324 Main Street, Greenfield MA.
- There will be 4 half-hour blocks each night, with four audition slots in each block. Indicate preferred day/time when registering. If no preference, you will be assigned a slot.
- Auditioners must have been vaccinated or had at least one shot with a scheduled second.
- Submit digital files of current resume and headshot or bring both to audition.
- Auditioners should have prepared the first 36 bars of A Comedy Tonight from Sondheim’s A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. See YouTube link for music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99ySK0oanas
- The first rehearsal for the show will be from 7-9 pm on Sunday, June 27, at the LAVA Center, 324 Main Street, Greenfield MA. Subsequent rehearsal dates and locations will be scheduled according to cast and crew availability. Production week will begin Sunday, August 1 with rehearsals every night.
- All positions are paid, non-union.
- Remote auditioning is acceptable:
- If you are not yet vaccinated but plan to be vaccinated before June 27
- You are unable to attend either of the scheduled audition dates
- Send a video recording of the first 36 bars of Comedy Tonight to [email protected] The Music Director will contact you for possible further in-person audition. Be sure to include your contact information.
Further questions: contact Stage Manager Robby Moore at [email protected] or call 413-768-7514.